Each vehicle has its own lights, it requires distinct bulbs. The majority of the time, your headlights, fog lights, brake lights, indicator lamps, sidelights, and interior lighting are all on at the same time.
In addition to all of the various fittings and connections, there are many different types based on your automobile's make and model. If the bulb fitting for your car fits properly, it is referred to as a base.
The most simple method to figure out what your car needs for the specific kind of bulb you want is to use helpful light bulb finder from https://bulbsizechart.com, or look in your vehicle's handbook.
Other methods to find your fitting
If you don't have access to a mechanic, there are tools on the market that will allow you to make your own repairs. You may also contact your vehicle's manufacturer for fitting instructions, or simply check in your owner's handbook to see what fittings are required for each sort of light.
If you're more hands-on and can take off your headlights yourself, take a look at the bulb. The fitting around the casing will be labeled as 'H7' for example.
Remember to also check your owner's handbook or consult with a mechanic before making any repairs to avoid damaging your car.
Check your local laws too, as some states have different requirements for certain types of lights. For example, in California, it is illegal to have blue headlights.
Knowing the bulb size for your car is helpful in a number of ways. It makes shopping for new bulbs quicker and easier, and helps you avoid buying the wrong size. In addition, it can be helpful if you ever need to replace a bulb while on the road.
With this information, you can simply stop at a nearby store and purchase the correct bulb, rather than having to wait until you get home to make the repair.
What to look for when choosing a bulb for your car
When you’re shopping for a new bulb for your car, it’s important to know what size you need. Not all bulbs are created equal, and the wrong size can cause problems.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a bulb for your car:
1. Check your owner’s manual. This is the best place to start when you’re not sure what size bulb you need. Your owner’s manual will have specific information on what bulbs are required for your make and model of car.
2. Consider the purpose of the bulb. Are you looking for a headlight bulb? A turn signal bulb? A brake light bulb? Knowing the purpose of the bulb will help you narrow down your choices.
3. Know your options. There are a variety of bulbs to choose from, including halogen, LED, and xenon. Each type of bulb has its own benefits and drawbacks, so do some research to find the right one for your needs.
4. Don’t forget about the other parts. In addition to the bulb itself, you’ll need to purchase a socket and wiring harness if you don’t already have them. These parts are essential for ensuring that your new bulb is properly installed.
5. Get professional help if needed. If you’re still not sure what size bulb you need or how to install it, get professional help. A qualified mechanic or automotive technician can help you choose the right bulb and get it installed correctly.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be sure to find the perfect bulb for your car.
What if you can't find the fitting details for your car?
Unfortunately, we do not have data for every vehicle at all times, especially as new models are introduced frequently. If your car isn't in our database, you can use one of the methods described above instead - contact your vehicle manufacturer, consult your handbook, or remove your existing bulb to inspect it.
In a nutshell, all you have to do is search for it in the website's search bar and you'll be presented with all of our bulbs available in that fitting. Choose your bulbs, place your order, and you're ready to go.